Here is the recipe I was talking about at Playgroup that is so yummy! If you like Cafe' Rio food, you will like this meal! It looks intimidating, but it really isn't hard to make at all. This is from my friend Jen who has many more fabulous recipes that she has tried and I can't wait to try and share! Do any of you guys have great recipes you have tried and would like to share? Please do!
Tomatillo Burritos
MEAT3-5 lb. pork loin/roast
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. salsa
1c. water
Cook in crockpot 7+ hours. Shred when done.
RICE
1 c. rice
1 t. butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 t. grated lime zest
1 can chicken broth
¾ c. water
Cook 15-20 minutes
MIX and pour over rice when done.
2 T. lime juice
2 t. sugar
3 T. fresh cilantro
BEANS
A few shakes of Garlic Powder
1 t. cumin
2 T. olive oil
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
tSimmer over the stove until heated through.
2 T. fresh cilantro (add just before serving)
TOMATILLO SAUCE
1 c. sour cream
½ fiesta ranch packet
1 ranch packet
6 tomatillos husked and halved
1 clove garlic
2 limes juiced
¼ c. cilantro
In a blender mix.
Serve in tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and drizzle tomatillo sauce over the meat, beans and rice.This is a lot of steps, but can totally be simplified. I usually cook the meat and mix up the sauce as is... but the rest I simplify. For the rice I throw all that in a rice cooker, and then I just heat up a can of black beans seasoned with a little cumin and garlic powder. You still get the overall jist an yumminess of the recipe, but not all the work. The tomatillo sauce alone provides enough flavor!
P.s. The meat and sauce makes a lot, so if you're feeding a small family (even for Shayne and I who eat A LOT) I half the sauce and the meat. Though the meat freezes really well. The sauce is also REAL good for taco salads also.
cooked by Jen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment